This is one of my favorite posts to write every month! I find myself looking forward to setting new goals and dreaming about the month. I can hardly believe it’s September! Hello, fall!
This month has been used to spend time with my guys, shoot a couple of weddings and senior sessions, and catch up on some much-needed sleep. I was convinced that Daniel would never ever sleep through the night, but he is sleeping for 10-11 hours every night! So if you are a new mama and feeling that your babe will never sleep, I’m here to tell you that that’s not true. All that hard work that you’re doing is going to pay off, friend!
I read through the No Brainer Wardrobe last week and I feel so free!! My wardrobe was something that was definitely holding me up every day. Maybe that was because I had just carried a baby for nine months or because I actually didn’t like my five year old clothes. Or both! I got rid of 90% of my wardrobe and it makes me so happy each morning to see my closet (mostly de-cluttered). I have always struggled with what to wear to weddings and I am slowly adding pieces that I love!
Isaac and I have been making a lot of Greek food because it’s healthy and easy. The Greek Caponata recipe mentioned below is a staple in our home. We still love the Taj Mahal in Springfield, MO and would eat there every night if we could!
I’m Listening, Watching, Reading, and Cooking
I’m Listening: My Calming Playlist on Spotify
I’m Watching: House
I’m Reading: No Brainer Wardrobe by Hayley Morgan
I’m Cooking: Greek Caponata
- Start and finish a business book
- Pay 3rd quarter taxes
- Officially introduce our editor
- Hire a team member to manage JB Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook
- Finalize list of products and launch dates for the year
- Launch a product
- Apple picking with my guys
- Zoo with my guys (and maybe even a train ride!)
- Go on 3-4 long walks every week
- Pick out everyday items for my fall capsule wardrobe – Remember how I said I was reading the No Brainer Wardrobe?! Well, this is me putting it all into practice! I got rid of 90% of my wardrobe!
- Take Daniel’s 5 month photos
- Use our juicer every day – We are loving our juicer! It makes it easier to make lunch and it helps me to think healthy!